Area 6 Council Workshop
Saturday, March 18, 2017
Carroll Community College, 1601 Washington Road
Registration opens at 7:30 A.M.
Program begins at 8:15 A.M. and ends at 3:40 P.M.
Cost: $40.00 per person ($45.00 at the door)
The Purpose of the Area Council Workshop
The Area 6 Committee was established and is organized under the format adopted by the BSA to better serve and support our Area 6 Councils. Although electronic communications are incredibly useful, there is no better way to share information and ideas than the occasional face-to-face meeting.
We know your time is valuable so we designed this meeting to provide useful and valuable information that you can use. The contacts you make and the resources you receive will help you provide better programs to the youth we serve. We arranged the facilities in as central location as possible. There will be a $40.00 registration fee to cover materials, snacks, beverages and box lunch.
The format of the meeting will include several topic-specific breakout sessions and two General Sessions.
Who Should Attend
- Council Key 3’s and District Key 3’s
- Commissioners of all types, including Council and Assistant Council Commissioners, Council Roundtable Training Commissioners, District and Assistant District Commissioners, and District Roundtable Commissioners
- Vice Presidents or Chairmen of Council Standing Committees, such as Activities and Civic Service, Advancement, Camping, Marketing, Membership, Outdoor Adventure, Training and Venturing,
- Chairmen of District Committees for Activities and Civic Service, Advancement, Marketing, Membership, Training, Outdoor Adventure/Camping and more
- Venturing Vice Presidents or Chairmen
- Council and District Volunteers/Staff involved with Strategic Planning
- District and Council EXPLORING volunteers and professionals
- All Council and District key volunteers who might benefit
What You Can Expect
- Receive information and National Assessment on our Area Council Camps and informative discussion of Special Needs Scouts
- Receive updates, information and materials from our National BSA
- Discuss your Council’s most pressing concerns and develop ways your Area committees can better serve you.
- Discover what we can learn from each other by sharing both our challenges and our
- Share good fellowship and network with your peers from other
Please refer to the enclosed Conference schedule/agenda for more detailed information.