Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

I had a password last year but it won’t work this year. Why?popcorn-cell-phone

All of the passwords and user IDs have been reset. You will be able to change your password or any incorrect information when you log in for the first time.


How do I check Online Sales? Online sales are now directly tracked in the new Popcorn System.


I have a problem with my Prize Order. Who do I call for help? If you need assistance with this process, please contact Supply Customer Service by phone 800-323-0736 or email . They are very good about replacing damaged prizes, tracking lost orders, and just being helpful in general. If you do not hear back from either contact, please contact Leisha or Scott at the Pennsylvania Dutch Council Office.


I have a problem with my bill. Who do I call?

Call the Pennsylvania Dutch Council Service Center at 717-394-4063 between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.

We have sold out of some of our popcorn and nuts for our Show & Sell.  Can we get more?

Yes.  We normally have some additional product on hand during the Show & Sell portion of the sale.  Simply, contact the Council Office and we will coordinate getting you the additional product.


I ordered too much product for my Show & Sell. Can I return the extras to the council for a refund?

PopcornTrailsEndPicBYes. You may return product on Monday, October 22, 2018 or before. After October 22,2018 we cannot accept any more product. Please plan accordingly. During the sale, if you know that you will have extra product, let your district kernel know. Other units in your neighborhood are often looking for extra product and they may be able to take some off your hands. We can arrange a transfer of popcorn from one unit to another. Please, remember if you sign the Popcorn Waiver when placing your order or if products are damaged you cannot return them.


Do I need to submit Trail’s End Scholarship paperwork every year?

Yes. Every year, including the year that you qualify, you must submit paperwork. Scouts must submit the Scholarship Form, copies of their sales sheets, and breakdowns of Online Sales and Take Order or Show and Sell forms. These forms have to be submitted to Trail’s End electronically. Scouts and their parents can do this directly or submit everything to the Council Office to be submitted on their behalf. The Scholarship Form is available from the Pennsylvania Dutch Council website.


Can people order additional product from my unit after the official sale is over?

Yes they can. We generally have additional popcorn available through the holidays so please let us know your needs. Your consumers can also log onto and purchase popcorn with a credit card. The product is shipped directly from Trail’s End to the consumer AND your unit and Scouts receive credit for the sale. The Pennsylvania Dutch Council will distribute 32% commission to units on sales generated online year-round.


Are product purchases tax deductible?

Because you actually receive products in exchange for your payment, only a portion of your purchase is tax deductible. The portion that is tax deductible is typically the difference in the amount you would normally pay if you bought a similar item at the grocery store vs. the price of the product you purchased. For online sales, Shipping and Handling charges are NOT tax deductible. We urge you to consult your tax professional to confirm this as well.

Military Donation: When you purchase the Military Donation you are making a charitable contribution since you don’t receive actual product in exchange for your payment. This means that the purchase should be 100% tax deductible. As always, make sure to double check this with your tax professional, as tax laws often change.