As of May 10th 2012, all unit Tour Plans must be submitted online through myscouting.org. Tour Plans are an important tool to help you plan safe, fun activities for your Scouts. Tour Plans are also a requirement for BSA liability and accident insurance to be in place for your activities.
When Does a Unit Need to File a Tour Plan?
Anytime the unit leaves the Council Borders.
- Our borders encompass all of Lancaster & Lebanon Counties.
- This includes day trips and camping events.
Anytime the unit is camping overnight.
- This includes in our Council borders.
- The exception to this rule is PA Dutch sponsored events such as summer camp, Council camporees, & District events.
Any activity that requires special training.
- Such activities include Aquatics activities, COPE/Climbing activities, and Shooting Sports Activities.
- Activities such as caving, whitewater, C.O.P.E. courses, etc.
If you have further questions or are looking for tips on filling out a Tour Plan check out the video and Tour Plan FAQ below:
- Only to be used for non-unit trips and activities such as Council Coordinated high adventure or jamboree trips.