Help Your Scout Earn Money For Camp – Sell Summer Flowering Bulb Kits!
The Spring Product Sale is designed to help Scouts earn their way to summer camp, day camp, a BSA high adventure base, or raise money for the unit’s outdoor program. This year, we have decided to sell summer flowering bulbs from Dutch Mill Bulbs as a “take order” only sale. Units participating in this program earn 25% commission from each product sold. The remainder of the funds will benefit the programs of the Pennsylvania Dutch Council, BSA.
Each bulb set is priced at $13 and there will be at least 18 types of bulb packages to choose from! These make great gifts for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, housewarming, Easter, as well as gifts for clients.
The Spring Product sale will take place from January 23rd to February 24th, 2023, allowing units about a month to earn money for their Scouting programs.
Unit Registration for the Spring Sale Is Open!
Register your unit HERE for the 2023 Spring Product Sale by midnight on January 13th. This will help us determine the amount of materials to prepare for each unit.
2023 Summer Flowering Bulb Fundraiser Timeline
January 2023 Spring Sale Fundraiser promotion at Roundtables
Now – January 13th Units sign-up for the sale: CLICK HERE.
Beginning Friday, January 13th Pickup/Distribution of sales brochures – we will send out an email to the Spring Sale Champion letting them know their materials are ready to be picked up.
Tuesday, January 17th at 7PM Info Session/Training for Unit Champions – Unit Champions will be sent an email with the zoom link. If you have not received the link, please email Zena Korba at firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 23rd Spring Product Sale Begins
February 24th Spring Product Sale Ends
March 8th Units submit payments. (Units keep commissions and submit (no later) difference to the Council.) Online sales commissions will be credited to the Unit’s Scout Shop Account
April (TBD) Pick-up/distribution of orders at the Council Office, tentatively the first week of April, prior to April 9th.
2023 Spring Product Sale Forms and Resources:
- Unit Sign-Up/Registration Form Link
- 2023 Spring Product Sale Unit Guidebook
- 2023 Dutch Mill Spring Fundraiser Brochure (PDF)
- 2023 Spring Sale – Unit Sales Tracker by Scout and Order Submission Form – automatically calculates commissions and order as you enter your Scout’s sales.
- 2023 Spring Sale – Unit Sales & Commission Tracker by Scout – Manual Entry
- 2023 Spring Sale – Unit Sales Order Submission Form & Receipt – Manual Entry (PDF)
- If you do not use the previous Excel spreadsheet above to generate your order submission form, you can print this form to submit your unit’s order.
- 2023 Parent Spring Sale for Scout Camp Information Sheet – details your Scout may have forgotten to mention
- 2023 Spring Sale Online Ordering Instructions Postcard
- 2023 Spring Sale – Bulb Specs – details on each bulb for the discerning gardener
- 2023 PowerPoint Presentation : January 2023 Bulb Sale District Kickoff Master PowerPoint
Sell Scouting, Not Just Flower Bulbs!
Families should understand that they are not just selling bulbs to beautify the outdoors, but selling Scouting – a summer camp or Scouting experience that will reinforce Scouting’s aims of character development, citizenship training and personal fitness in youth. Be sure to emphasize that each bulb package sold helps a Scout go to camp. The greatest likelihood for a successful fundraiser is having everyone know they are supporting Scouting. Scouts can sell bulbs to friends, family members, and businesses in their communities who may want to take improve their outdoor space and help Scouts earn their way to camp!
For More Information, Please Contact Your District Champion:
|Susquehanna District:||Chet Bowenemail@example.com|
|Iron Forge District:||Desiree Nelsonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Staff Advisor:||Zena Korbaemail@example.com|
|Council Admins:||Myrna Walkerfirstname.lastname@example.org|