Journey to Excellence is the performance measurement and recognition program for packs, troops, teams, crews, and ships in the Boy Scouts of America. It provides a method for recognition, a framework for planning, and a source of guidance.
JTE hopes to accomplish a number of tasks for you as leaders in your unit:
- JTE is a framework for planning for your unit and for your adult and youth leaders (if you are a troop, crew, team, or post) to use.
- JTE is a method for evaluating your unit.
- JTE provides an assessment of how you’re doing in the key areas found in great units.
- JTE helps provide guidance in areas where you might do better in conjunction with advice and counsel from your commissioner.
- JTE sets specific guidelines and standards of what the BSA considers good performance.
All Journey to Excellence Scorecards and Resources can be found here: Scouting.org/JTE