The Iron Forge Klondike Derby will take place on Saturday, January 28, 2023. The Klondike Committee is planning to continue the 3 treks at our Klondike Derby; Webelos, Scouts BSA patrol, and Iron Will. Each trek will have 10 stations specifically designed to challenge Scouts’ skills. For more information check out the leader guide through the link below. Registration will be opening soon!
In order to make this a successful and worthwhile event for our Scouts, please consider volunteering for one of the following treks:
- Webelos Trek: For 4th and 5th grade Scouts with teams of up to 8 Scouts per sled. For information, contact Jeff Sherk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scouts BSA or Crew Trek: For teams of up to 8 Scouts per sled. Contact Erik Schlosser at email@example.com
- Iron Will Trek: For Scouts 13 years and older. Teams consist of 2 Scouts who will travel twice the distance as the Scouts BSA/Crew teams through some of the backcountry areas at Camp Mack. This trek is designed to truly test your Scouts skills! Contact Rick Shober at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you are able to help out with any of the treks listed, please reach out to the contact person associated with the specific trek as soon as possible.
SAVE THE DATE!
Here are the dates for some of the upcoming District events we have scheduled.
- January 28, 2023 – Klondike
- April 1, 2023 – Merit Badge College
- May 6, 2023 – District Pinewood Derby
- October 14, 2023 – Fall Outpost
- January 27, 2024 – Klondike
- October 19, 2024 – Fall Outpost
Coffee Break meetings
We are working on dates to hold the next round of Coffe Breaks. They will be held by school district and are open for all Scouters and parents to come and visit with the District Executive and District Commissioner. These are a chance for everyone to get their questions answered, meet other units in your school district, and work together to help all our units thrive. Each of these will take place from 6-8 PM. If you have and questions about the Coffee Breaks contact District Commissioner Jim Fowler at email@example.com
National just updated their Pre-Event Medical Screening Checklist. Find the new version at 680-102_PreEventChklist.pdf (scouting.org)