The Pennsylvania Dutch Council is excited to welcome new Cub Scouts to the Boy Scouts of America.
For fall 2022, we are offering $100 to each pack that participates in fall recruitment. Learn more about how your pack can earn this $100 here.
Overview of Recruiting Resources
Successful and sustainable recruiting is more than having a recruitment night – and that was true even when almost every school permitted after-school gatherings like Sign Up Nights.
Here are some resources to help your pack grow:
- Pennsylvania Dutch Council Membership Kickoff Powerpoint
- Flyer Request and Event Promotion
- 2022-23 Membership Fees
- Membership Best Practices
- Campaign Kit for Recruitment Marketing
- Cub Scout Leader Resources
Recruitment Night Resources:
Social Media Recruitment Resources:
- Facebook Recruitment Night Promotion Sheet
- Social Media 101
- Cub Scout Recruitment Images/Resources
- Fall 2022 #AdventureOn Campaign Facebook Posts from Trusted Search Marketing
- Facebook Geofencing Webinar from BSA National
- How to add more hosts to your Facebook event
- Welcome to Cub Scout Pack form
- Welcome New Cub Scout Family Information Guide
- Scout Shop Uniform Price Sheet
- Family Talent Survey
- Peer to Peer Recruitment Cards
- BSA Youth Application
- BSA Adult Application
Additional Recruitment Resources:
- Welcome New Families to your Pack
- Out of the Box Ways to Recruit
- Recruiting Ideas for Cub Scout Leaders
- Pack and Den Recruitment Resources
- National Boy Scouts of America Recruitment Page
- Tips for PR Success
- Welcome Back to Scouting Templates
- Using the BSA Brand Center to Market your Unit
Halloween Recruitment Resources:
With Halloween just around the corner, here are some great recruitment ideas for your Cub Scout or Pack to use to recruit new Cub Scouts and families to join the Scouting program.
These can be great ways to reach those families who missed your Join Scouting Night, want to be part of Scouting, but simply don’t know how or who to call.
Let’s help them join the fun and adventure of Cub Scouting!
- Attach “Join Scouting” stickers to candy.
- Hand out Join Cub Scouting Flyer when handing out candy.
- Have current Cub Scouts hand out business cards to other boys and girls about Scouting.
- Put a “Join Scouting” lawn sign in your yard.
- Make a special invitation to invite potential Scouts and families to your next Pack meeting or Halloween event.
- Hang a Cub Scout Poster on your door.
Here are a couple of resources you can use and share to help invite more families to join Scouting.