The Pennsylvania Dutch Council is excited to offer our packs the opportunity to earn $100 for their pack, by participating in our Fall Recruitment Campaign. It is important that we bring the Scouting program to more youth in in the Pennsylvania Dutch Council area and we need every one of our Packs to be a part of this mission. We have put together five steps to help your pack grow this fall. When your pack completes all five steps, it will receive $100 to use in the Pennsylvania Dutch Council Scout Shop.
The five steps are:
- Hold a fall recruitment night before October 15 and turn in the applications within a week of your recruitment night.
- Have a public Pack Facebook page or group
- Provide your recruitment night information to the Pennsylvania Dutch Council to promote it on Facebook. The Pennsylvania Dutch Council pays to boost your event on Facebook, so more people can see it.
- Have an annual program calendar to provide to your families at your recruitment night.
- Ensure your beascout.org pin is up to date with your pack’s current contact information.
We are holding a membership kickoff at Camp Mack on Wednesday, August 18 starting at 6:30 p.m. We will share more about the five steps and provide plenty of resources for your pack to have a successful Fall Recruitment. All packs are encouraged to have at least one person attend the membership kickoff. People who are unable to attend in person will be able to watch on the Pennsylvania Dutch Council Facebook page.
If your pack already has plans for a recruitment night, please provide that information to your District Executive, so it can be posted on the Council Facebook page. Your District Executives are happy to support you with your unit’s Fall Recruitment Plan. Email or call to set up a time that works for both of you to discuss your Fall Recruitment Plan and needs. Working together we can bring the Scouting Program to many more youth in the Pennsylvania Dutch Council.