Cub Scout Leaders and Parents,
With Halloween just around the corner, here are some great recruitment ideas for your Cub Scout or Pack to use to recruit new Cub Scouts and families to join the Scouting program.
These can be great ways to reach those families who missed your Join Scouting Night, want to be part of Scouting, but simply don’t know how or who to call.
Let’s help them join the fun and adventure of Cub Scouting!
- Attach “Join Scouting” stickers to candy.
- Hand out Join Cub Scouting Flyer when handing out candy.
- Have current Cub Scouts hand out business cards to other boys and girls about Scouting.
- Put a “Join Scouting” lawn sign in your yard.
- Make a special invitation to invite potential Scouts and families to your next Pack meeting or Halloween event.
- Hang a Cub Scout Poster on your door.
Here are a couple of resources you can use and share to help invite more families to join Scouting.
The Pennsylvania Dutch Council will provide business cards and stickers for units that request them. Please provide at least one week for items to be printed from the date of request. Contact your District Executive to request items.