LET’S START HERE:
CUB SCOUTS ARE AWESOME.
History. Tradition. Adventure. Get more involved with your kids
in a way that puts the fun first. Find a pack near you.
1. THIS IS THE CUB SCOUTS
It’s like play with a purpose, but better. Kids here do their best and have fun doing it!
2. CUB SCOUTS WAS FOUNDED ON THE TRADITION OF HAVING A BLAST.
The things Cub Scouts do are the things kids love.
3. DO YOUR BEST.
That’s the Cub Scout motto. Kids are pretty amazed at what they can achieve when they try, but we knew they could do it all along.
4. A SCOUT IS CLEAN, BUT ISN’T AFRAID TO GET DIRTY.
Cub Scouts are active. They get elbows deep in projects and games. That’s as it should be.
5. CUB SCOUTS LEARN CHARACTER
There’s a lot of play, but we do other things, too.
6. MOSTLY, THIS IS ABOUT HAVING FUN.
Cub Scouts get a chance to try things and see places that they normally wouldn’t. Always a good thing.
7. CUB SCOUTS ARE PREPARED IN A WAY
THAT OTHER KIDS JUST AREN’T.
The whole program is full of skills that help kids learn to be prepared.
8. CUB SCOUTS IS FUN, BUT IT’S NOT ALWAYS EASY.
The program is meant to challenge kids to do their best. They’ll learn a lot about themselves along the way.
9. THE CUB SCOUT HELPS THE PACK GO, AND THE PACK HELPS THE CUB SCOUT GROW.
There’s strength in numbers, and Cub Scout Packs that get outside together always have a good time.
10. KIDS WANT TO DO THEIR BEST.
The Cub Scouts gives them every opportunity to learn and grow.
It’s educational. It’s healthy. It’s fun. You should try it.
For more information about Cub Scouting check out the CUB HUB!
Cub Scouting assists in teaching values and developing character in boys by offering a program where boys can experience value-based activities with caring leadership and family support.
In developing character, Cub Scouting promotes twelve core values: citizenship, compassion, cooperation, courage, faith, health and fitness, honesty, perseverance, positive attitude, resourcefulness, respect, and responsibility.
As boys participate in a Cub Scout activity, they learn to “connect” their experience with a core value. Boys connect by learning (knowledge), feeling (commitment), and accomplishing (practice) the skills that relate to these values.
In an effort to make character development part of every boys’ experience in the Cub Scouting program, the “Character Connections” are integrated throughout the boys’ handbooks and advancement programs.
- Bobcat Badge – All boys earn the Bobcat Badge
- Tiger– The Tiger program is for boys in the first grade (or are 7 years old).
- Wolf – The Wolf program is for boys who have completed 1st grade (or are 8 yrs old)
- Bear – The Bear program is for boys who have completed 2nd grade (or are 9 yrs old)
- Webelos – For boys who have completed third grade (or are 10 years old).
- Arrow of Light – The highest award in Cub Scouting. Earned by Webelos Scouts who have completed the fourth grade (or are 10 years old).
- Lion Cub Pilot Program For Kindergarten. FAQ
To find a unit click below