The Pennsylvania Dutch Council is seeking candidates immediately for a part time position at our council headquarters located at 630 Janet Ave, Lancaster PA 17601.
The successful candidate will work approximately 15 hours a week. There is some flexibility in the schedule. Three five-hour days, or five three-hour days are an example.
The primary responsibilities for this employee will be to support fundraising duties while working on our online Blackbaud CRM system.
Skills needed to be successful include:
- Accounting or banking background preferred
- Organized and detail oriented
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Believe in the mission of the Boy Scouts of America
Administrative duties include:
- Processing daily mail in Blackbaud CRM
- Processing thank you letters using mail merge
- Processing fundraising pledges and payments
- Billing reminders
- Preparing for and assisting at special events
- Occasional scout shop sales associate support
- Other duties as assigned
Benefits include the flexibility in your schedule, opportunity to work from home, be a part of a small team that works for our youth.
If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Camp Jobs
More information about our Summer Camp positions can be found here.
Part time ScoutReach Program Assistant
“Our goal is to prepare youth for a Lifetime; a lifetime of leadership, a lifetime of community service, and a lifetime of helping those in need.”
The Pennsylvania Dutch Council’s ScoutReach program involves urban youth and families in traditional, year round Scouting programs that develop positive self-esteem, character, leadership, and ethical behaviors in participants. Individual youths (both Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts) meet weekly to participate in monthly Scouting themes and activities. Summer opportunities include a six-week Summer Scouting program for boys ages 7 to 18, Cub Scout Day and Resident camp and Boy Scout Resident camp.
Program Assistants are the backbone of our ScoutReach program. They are the face of Scouting in the schools, churches, and community centers where we hold our programs. With guidance from our more experienced Scouting Professionals you will learn the core components of the Scouting program and its values, and teach those values to the young scouts using creative, age appropriate activities. You will work with another Program Assistant to create a set of programs that keep the children active, engaged, and excited to be involved with Scouting!
In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this position, applicants should be:
- Interested in working with children between the ages of 7 and 10.
- Creative, and able to create ideas for programs and activities according to BSA guidelines.
- Organized, and able to keep track of multiple program areas with various timeframes.
- Punctual, and have strong time management skills.
- Reliable and able to secure transport to different program areas at many different schools, churches, and community centers in the Lancaster area.
- Able to pass a comprehensive background check.
- Able to attend any required training and update meetings.
In order to meet the desired qualifications for this position, applicants should be:
- Experienced, and have some basic knowledge of BSA programs or childcare.
- Interested in careers in the areas of Scouting or childcare.
- Active in their communities.
- Committed to the values and principles of the Boy Scouts of America.
To apply contact Patrice Dixon, 717-553-4924, email@example.com for more information.