National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT)
National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) is the Boy Scouts of America’s premier youth leadership development program. NYLT is designed to train all the youth leaders of a Troop, Crew, or Ship with leadership skills they will be able to apply in Scouting and throughout the rest of their life.
NYLT Course Information And Registration
Location: Camp Mack
2024 NYLT Course will be July 27 to August 1, 2024!
Regular Fee $350 per Scout
For more information contact the Council Office at 717-394-4063
NYLT Teaches Skills Such As:
- Conflict Resolution
- Situational Leadership and the Leading and Teaching EDGE
- Project Planning
- Much, much more…
NYLT Participation Requirements
- Be at least 13 years old
- Have earned at least the 1st Class Rank
- Completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops training with your Troop
- Be at least 14 years old
- Completed Introduction to leadership Skills for Crews/Ships with your Crew/Ship
- Recommended 1 year of Camping Experience
- Be capable of functioning safely in an outdoor environment. All participants are required to complete the Annual Health and Medical Record Form Parts A, B, & C
National Advanced Youth Leadership Experience
Attention leaders of NYLT, graduates, and future grads!
For more informaiton on NAYLE Training Follow this link: NAYLE
BSA’S Youth Leadership Training Continuum
NYLT and NAYLE are only part of the continual training youth leaders receive through participation in the Boy Scouts of America. The most important leadership training they receive takes place through continual coaching and mentoring by the unit leader.