Wilderness First Aid Training
Wilderness First Aid (WFA) is the assessment of and treatment given to an ill or injured person in a remote environment where definitive care by a physician and/or rapid transport is not readily available. Adult Scout leaders are invited to participate and earn their certification. This course is certified by American Red Cross.
We are offering two courses in February.
Course One Dates: February 10-12, 2023
Register Online Here This course is full
Course Two Dates: February 24-26, 2023
Register Online Here Registration will close on February 10
Where: Camp Mack Training Center, 2 Scout Ln, Newmanstown, PA
The course is limited to 20 people, so sign up early to ensure you get a spot.
Friday 6:30 PM-9:00 PM CPR Training
Saturday 8 AM to 6 PM
Sunday 8 AM to 6 PM
Tentative Course Schedule Please note each day may end later then scheduled time based on discussion and pace of instructor. It is best to plan at least 30 minutes of class past the listed time.
WFA and CPR Certifications $250.00
WFA Certification only $190, must provide a current CPR certification
The course will include a digital copy of the books. Hard copy books are an additional $25 per person.
What You Will Receive:
2 Year Certifications in WFA
2 Year Certification in CPR
What You Need to Bring:
o Positive Attitude
o Notebook and writing utensils
o Large Day Pack with anything you
would normally carry with you on
a short backpacking trip
o Watch w/ second hand or digital
o Personal First Aid Kit (or one you
would use with group)
o Extra layers for splinting
o One 32oz water bottle
o Lunch and snacks
o Apparel and footwear appropriate
o Indoor and outdoor footwear
Other Important Information: Participants are able to stay in the Training Center Friday or Saturday night for no extra cost. Please contact Daniel Hanson 717-553-4205 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to stay overnight at camp. There are also several hotels in the area that participants can stay at.
Meals will not be provided, however, participants can use the refrigerator and kitchen in the training center.
Questions: Contact Daniel Hanson at either 717-553-4205 or email@example.com
Chainsaw Basic Operator Course
This course is for both beginners and seasoned chainsaw operators who wish to become certified to operate a saw on either Pennsylvania Dutch Council properties or for personal use. Those who have taken previous versions of this course may get re-certified and extend your credentials to 5 years. This course consists of twelve hours of combined classroom and practical hands-on training.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN:
- Proper maintenance and safe operation of outdoor power equipment. Chainsaws, Pole-Saws and Hedge Trimmers.
- Cutting and Felling techniques- how to do it effectively and safely.
- Identifying and dealing with hazardous trees and identifying when to call in a professional.
- Be a registered member of the BSA and at least 21 years of age.
- Be in good physical condition. (Part A & B of physical form is required.)
- Commit to attendance for entire course. Lodging at camp is optional however you must be present for all sessions to complete the course.
- There is a limited supply of Helmets and Chaps. If you have your own, please bring them. Also you will need personal safety glasses, leather work gloves, and sturdy work shoes (no sneakers) preferably safety toe shoes. Wear appropriate work clothes, no untucked shirts or loose clothing. Be prepared to work outdoors on Saturday.
WHEN: March 25-26, 2022
WHERE: J Edward Mack Scout Reservation
COST: $25 per person Food and lodging is included
Space is limited to TWELVE (12) Persons. Registration deadline is March 11, 2022
QUESTIONS? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Gary Guare at 717-626-8711 (camp) 717-824-5052 (cell)