The safety of our members, both youth and adults, is of the highest concern to the Pennsylvania Dutch Council and the Boy Scouts of America. Use these resources to help plan fun, safe, policy compliant Scouting activities.
Youth Protection Guidelines
To learn more about the Boy Scouts of America’s Youth Protection Policies check out the links below:
- Youth Protection Home
- BSA Youth Protection Policy
- Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse
- Scouting’s Barriers to Abuse
- BSA Social Media Usage Guidelines
Guide to Safe Scouting
Scouting is a “managed risk”activity. No matter what, there will always be risks associated with the activities of Scouting. The Guide to Safe Scouting is the BSA’s guidebook for Scouters covering activity safety rules and activities that are off limits in the Scouting Program.
- Guide to Safe Scouting
- For more information on Shooting Sports Safety see our Shooting Sports page
- For more information on Aquatics Program safety see the BSA Aquatics Supervision Manual available through the Scout Shop
- Age Appropriate Activity Guidelines
- Age Guidelines for Tool and Work at Elevations
- The Sweet 16 of BSA Safety
- Service Project Planning Guidelines
- Campout Safety Checklist
- FORM – Request for Certificate of Insurance Must be submitted 2 weeks prior to the event.
Cub Scout Camping Policy
It is important to report accidents and injuries to the Council Service Center in a timely fashion after then happen. Understanding the types and causes of accidents can make Scouting safer for everyone by guiding improved training or other safety improvements to prevent such things from happening int he future. Use the forms linked below to report Incidents and Near Misses.
- Incident Report-Fillable – Use this form to report any incident that requires more than basic Scout rendered First Aid.
- Near Miss Incident Report-Fillable – Use this form to report incidents that only required basic Scout rendered First Aid and could have been worse.
- Youth Protection/Membership Incident Information Form-Fillable – Use this form to report any allegations of abuse, violations of BSA guidelines or policies, or inappropriate behavior by a Scout, Scout Leader, parent, or other individual
For More information on these forms, how to fill them out, why they are important, and other supplemental materials click the button below:
For an overview of the BSA’s various insurance policies please follow this link: Insurance Coverage
To make a claim on the PA Dutch Council’s Accident and Sickness Policy use the forms linked below:
- 2016 Accident and Sickness Insurance Description of Coverage
- 2016 Accident and Sickness Insurance Claim Form