Thanks to all the Scout leaders and Scouts who contributed to the most successful summer camp in Bashore’s history! We are now accepting reservations for 2017. Please use the 2017 Bashore Summer Camp Reservation Form or contact Ryan Stewart (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you and your Troop are interested in attending.
Reservations for 2017 can be made now using this form. Reservations will also be available on Tentaroo in September.
SUMMER CAMP PROGRAMS
Bashore Scout Reservation offers one of the Northeast Region’s finest Boy Scout summer camp programs. The camp offers fresh and exciting programs that appeal to Scouts of all ranks and experience levels, as well as training opportunities and special programs for adult leaders. There’s something for everyone! Here’s just a small overview of what we offer:
BLUE MOUNTAIN MEN — A superb program tailored to the needs of the first-year campers and recent Webelos crossovers.
GREEN BAR PROGRAM — Designed for the Scout in their 2nd+ year, for those who needs a little boost in completing their 1st Class rank requirements. Individually adapted to the specific needs of each Scout.
MERIT BADGE PROGRAM — For those Scouts wanting to earn merit badges. We offer over 50 scheduled merit badge classes and independent study opportunities.
TRAILBLAZER PROGRAM — Designed for the seasoned Scout who is looking for new challenges and some high adventure. With a wide variety of activities (climbing, mountain boarding, 3D archery, biking, tomahawk throwing), we tailor the program to the interests and desires of the older Scouts in the program. Off-site adventure opportunities may include hiking on the Appalachian Trail, mountain biking on local Rail Trails, exercising some mountaineering skills, geocaching, and much more. See our Trailblazer brochure for more information.
ADULT LEADER TRAINING — Aquatics Supervision, Safe Swim/Safety Afloat, Climb On Safely, Merit Badge Counselor Training, Scoutmaster Specific Training, Youth Protection (online), and Leave No Trace are some of the opportunities offered.
Forms for 2016 Summer Camp at Bashore Scout Reservation
- Leaders guide 2016 (updated March 2016)
- Reservation Form 2017
- Tentaroo Bashore Camp Registration Instructions (use Tentaroo for payments and merit badge registration)
- Eagle Academy Sign Up Form 2016
- Provisional and Encore Camper Form 2016
- Parents Guide 2016
- SPL Guide 2016
- Campership Application (PA Dutch only; deadline is March 15)
- Suggested Packing List
- Swim Pre-Test (suggested form, though any similar form is acceptable)
- PA Dutch Council Summer Camp Refund Policy
- PA Dutch Summer Camp Act 15 Compliance Policy
- Merit Badge Schedule 2016 (use only as a reference or worksheet — actual registration for merit badges should be done on Tentaroo)
- Program Schedule 2016 (and the blank version)
- COPE and Climbing Hold Harmless
- Blue Mountain Man pocket guide (updated for 2016)
- Survival Kit Requirements (for Wilderness Survival and E-Prep)
- Rowing and Sailing Knots
- Trailblazer Brochure
- Activities for Leaders
- Troop Award of Excellence Award 2016
- Baden Powell Patrol Award 2016
- Photo Contest 2016
- Scoutmaster Merit Badge Award 2016
- Daily Inspection Sheet (Clean Campsite)
- Knot Club Requirements
- Staff Application
- BSA Medical Record (Health Form) [Bashore requires all participants to have Parts A, B, & C]
- Special Dietary Needs Form
- Camper Release Verification Form
- Emergency Procedures in Camp
- Map of Camp Bashore
- Talent Survey
- Dumping the D’s
- Behavior Management Plan
- Act 15 Clearance Information, Links, and Forms
- Non-Resident Disclosure Statement – Only to be used by adult attendees who are not residents of PA and not registered with the PA Dutch Council.
Join the Bashore Staff! Fill out and submit this application to be considered for the Bashore Scout Reservation Summer Camp Staff: Bashore Staff Application