The Pennsylvania Dutch Council relies on the support of many generous individuals and businesses throughout Lancaster and Lebanon counties. Friends of Scouting (our annual giving program) comprises 12.5% of the annual budget needed to support our 5,200 youth and 2,400 volunteers. If you would like to support Scouting in the Pennsylvania Dutch Council follow the Give Now link below; it costs $191 per year to support one youth in our Scouting programs. Thank you for your support.
We have two recognition’s for our supporters in 2018. Support one Scout, $191 and receive the Prepared.For Life Friends of Scouting Shoulder Strip. New for 2018 we also have the Friends of Scouting Car magnet – These are specific to your Scouting District.
|$191 Contribution||$191 Contribution|
Programs and Services supported by Friends of Scouting:
- The year round and summer time operations of two Nationally Accredited Scout Camps, Bashore Scout Reservation and J. Edward Mack Scout Reservation. (over 6,000 youth and adults use the camps throughout the year)
- Activities with minimal fees in which Scouts can participate, like Family Camp, Day Camp, Camporees, and Breakfast Hikes.
- The Scouting for Food program which provides over 100,000 lbs of food to the community.
- Training opportunities for our over 2,400 Volunteers.
- A full Service Scout Service Center and Shop, which provides support for the entire Council, serving over 171 units who provide Scouting to youth.
- A professional Staff to help units reach out to the youth of our communities and assist in keeping the promise of Scouting.
- Liability Insurance for our chartered Organizations and our adult leadership.
Friends of Scouting, provides 12.5% of the annual budget to operate Scouting in both Lancaster and Lebanon Counties.
Your gift and support is greatly appreciated!
Please consider supporting one or more Scouts each year with your investment in the future of the youth in our communities. For more information on Friends of Scouting please contact Zena Korba at 717-553-4209 or email@example.com