To help make certain training more accessible to today’s busy Scouter, the BSA has set up the Online Learning Center as part of my.scouting.org so you can take certain training courses in the comfort of your home at your convenience or where ever else you may have some time and a high speed internet connection.
Important: If you have any issues accessing my.scouting.org please contact the BSA National Member Care Center at (972) 580-2489 for help resetting your account.
- For the best training experience, you will need a high speed internet connection
- If you are signing up for a new account on my.scouting.org please be aware that a confirmation email, which you must use to activate your account, will be sent to you before you can begin to use the system. Some Email services automatically filter this email into trash/spam/junk folders. Please check these places if you do not receive the confirmation email.
- For you to automatically be credited with course completion, you must enter your Member ID number from your BSA membership card when creating your account. You can get this number from your unit committee or from the Council Service Center.
Courses Available through this link include:
Youth Protection Training*
- Youth Protection Training
Fast Start For (Take the course for your registered position):
- Boy Scout Leaders
- Varsity Leaders
- Venturing Crew Advisors
- Unit Commissioners
- Chartered Organization Representatives
Leader Position-Specific Training for (Take the course for your registered position)*:
- Tiger, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Den Leaders and their Assistants
- Cubmasters and their Assistants
- Pack Committee Chairs and Committee Members
- Troop Committee Challenge
- Merit Badge Counselor
- Venture Crew Orientation
- Staffing the District Committee
- Safe Swim Defense (Swimming Safety)***
- Safety Afloat (Boating Safety)***
- Hazardous Weather Training**
- Generational Diversity Training
- Trek Safely (Back Country Trekking Safety)***
- Climb On Safely (Climbing Safety)***
- Physical Wellness
Den Chief Training
* Required to be considered a Trained Leader
**At least one leader required to have this training for unit outdoor activities
***At least one leader required to have this training if your activity involves one of these types of programs