When Are Clearances Required?
Volunteers are required to obtain clearances as follows:
- Since August 25, 2015 all NEW volunteers must obtain clearances prior to beginning service.
- By July 1, 2016, any volunteer registered prior to July 1, 2015 must obtain clearances.
- Volunteers registered prior to July 1, 2015 applying for any position that requires a new BSA Adult Volunteer Application must submit clearances at the time of application.
- Clearances must be renewed every 60 months. The finger print based FBI criminal history check must be renewed every 60 months until establishing residency.
- Important Note – With the exception of the FBI Fingerprint Check, volunteer clearances may be applied for, at no cost to the volunteer, every 57 months.
For additional questions please contact Program Director Director Daniel Hanson at 717-553-4205 or firstname.lastname@example.org OR Scout Executive Matthew Adams at 717-553-4211 or email@example.com