Welcome to the Pennsylvania Dutch Council Popcorn and Nuts for Scouting Page
On this page you will find information to support your sale and links for resources for planning your sale, kicking your sale off, and web resources.
Popcorn and Nuts for Scouting Quick Links
I'm A New Kernel
What's Poppin' Newsletter
Scout Rewards, Incentives, and Commission
Information for Parents
Online Sale Information
2016 Popcorn and Nuts for Scouting Sale
The 2016 Popcorn and Nuts for Scouting sale is just around the corner and now is the time to put together all of your plans to make your sale successful!
We have put together a lot of information to help you get the most out of your sale. This information will be available in several locations including the Council Popcorn and Nuts for Scouting Kickoff, this website, and the Scout Service Center.
The four key steps to help setup a successful sale are:
- Select your Unit Kernel-this key leader will help to organize and keep your sale on track. Please, submit or have your Unit Kernel submit the Unit Commitment Form which is available online to download or can be filled out and submitted electronically here.
- Set a Unit Goal-units who have set both unit and individual Scout goals are the units that sell the most! The 2015 Unit Potential Document is a great tool to help figure out your unit potential. The average unit last year, averaged around $250 per Scout which is about 8 to 14 items. To get an idea of who those 8 to 14 items can be sold to here is a simple tool!
- Establish your unit dates and deadlines and publish them for all your parents-most units start to distribute materials to boys in late August or early September. A complete sales calendar is available here!
- Hold a Unit Popcorn and Nuts for Scouting Kickoff-a kickoff is one of the best ways to make sure the parents have all of the necessary information and the boys are excited about the sale. If you need help with setting up your unit kickoff attend one of our summer trainings or contact your District Kernel!
2015 Popcorn and Candy Sale Recap!
2015 was a great year for Popcorn in the Pennsylvania Dutch Council. Follow the links below to see some of the highlights of our great sale!
Trail’s End Scholarship Program
Scouts who have qualified for the Trail’s End Scholarship Program or who sold more than $2,500 this year, please complete a 2015 Scholarship Form and return it with the supporting documents to the Pennsylvania Dutch Council Service Center!
Quick Highlights from the 2014 Sale
Over 1700 Scouts and families sold over $565,000 worth of popcorn and candy (70% of the total raised stays in Lancaster and Lebanon Counties to support local Scouting!!)
- 129 Scouts sold over $800 and joined the $800 Club
- 95 Scouts sold over $1,000 and joined the $1,000 Club
- 49 Scouts sold over $1,500 and joined the $1,500 Club
- 27 Scouts sold over $2,000 and joined the $2,000 Club
- Scouts raised almost $28,000 in Military Donations to provide products for our military and their families!
Trail’s End Popcorn System website – This is where you will log-in to place your unit orders and log important information for your sale.
Keller Prize Order System website-This is where you will log-in to place prize orders (any council-specific prizes must be ordered through the Pennsylvania Dutch Council).
Follow Trails-end on Facebook! Become a fan to receive the latest updates from Trail’s End, including information about new products, safety and selling tips, online selling incentives, recent media coverage, and more.
Who to Contact
General Popcorn Questions – email@example.com
Council Popcorn Kernel – Joe Flaim, 717-768-0961, firstname.lastname@example.org
Harvest District Kernel –
Conestoga River District Kernel – Roger Harvey, 717-468-5438, email@example.com
Horseshoe Trail District Kernel – Tom Carr, 610-203-4335, firstname.lastname@example.org
Council Popcorn Support –
Council Staff Advisor – Scott Arnold, 717-553-4208, email@example.com