Help Your Scout Earn Money For Camp – Sell Locally Made,
Small Batch Hot Sauce, Granola and Seasoning!
The Spring Product Sale is designed to help Scouts earn their way to summer camp, day camp, a BSA high adventure base, or raise money for the unit’s outdoor program. This year, we have decided to sell a selection of hot sauces, granola, and a seasoning mix from the Porch & Pantry Restaurant located in Mount Gretna, PA, as a “take order” only sale. Units participating in this program earn 25% commission from each product sold. The remainder of the funds will benefit the programs of the Pennsylvania Dutch Council, BSA.
Products are priced between $10 and $13 and there will be a total of 5 items to choose from (2 hot sauces, 2 granolas, and a seasoning mix). One of the granola flavors we are selling has been inspired by the winners of the “Create a Granola Flavor” (and name) Contest we held in October of 2023. These products will make great additions to gift baskets for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, housewarming, 4th of July, as well as gifts for clients.
The Spring Product sale will take place from January 22nd to February 23rd, 2024, allowing units about a month to earn money for their Scouting programs.
Unit Registration for the “Sweet & Savory” Spring Sale Is Open!
Register your unit HERE for the 2024 Spring Product Sale by midnight on January 12th. This will help us determine the amount of materials to prepare for each unit.
2024 Sweet & Savory Spring Sale Fundraiser Timeline
January 4, 2024 Spring Sale Fundraiser promotion at Roundtables
NOW through January 12th Units sign-up for the sale: CLICK HERE.
Beginning Friday, January 12th Pickup/Distribution of sales brochures – we will send out an
email to the Spring Sale Champion letting them know their materials are ready to be picked up.
Tuesday, January 16th at 7PM Info Session/Training for Unit Spring Sale Champions – Unit
Champions will be sent an email with the zoom link. If you have not received the link, please email Zena Korba at firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 22nd Spring Product Sale Begins
February 23rd Spring Product Sale Ends
March 6th (no later) Units submit order and payment. (Units keep commissions and submit difference to the Council.)
April (TBD) Pick-up/distribution of orders at the Council Office, tentatively the third
week of April.
2024 Spring Product Sale Forms and Resources:
- 2024 Unit Sign-Up/Registration Form Link
- 2024 Sweet and Savory Spring Sale – Pizza Party Reward Details
- 2024 Spring Product Sale Unit Guidebook
- 2024 “Sweet & Savory” Spring Sale Fundraising Brochure (Final) – 01.12.24 (PDF)
- See below for JPGs of the three pages to use for social media, texting, etc. Files also available upon request.
- Ingredient List For Each Item In The Fundraising Brochure: 2024 SWEET AND SAVORY SPRING SALE – INGREDIENTS as of 01.25.24
- 2024 Spring Sale – Unit Sales Tracker by Scout and Order Submission Form – Auto Calc 01.12.24. This MS Excel spreadsheet automatically calculates commissions and your Unit’s order as you enter your Scouts’ sales.
- 2024 Spring Sale – Unit Sales Tracker by Scout and Order Submission Form – Manual Entry (01.11) (PDF)
- If you do not use the previous Excel spreadsheet above to generate your order submission form, you can print this form to submit your unit’s order.
- 2024 Spring Sale General Information for Parents (PDF) – Basic information your Scout may have forgotten to share with you!
- 2024 Spring Sale Kick-Off Presentation (PowerPoint Presentation)
Sell Scouting, Not Just Tasty Locally Made Food Products!
Families should understand that they are not just selling items just to raise funds, but they are selling Scouting – a summer camp or Scouting experience that will reinforce Scouting’s aims of character development, citizenship training and personal fitness in youth.
Be sure to emphasize that each product sold during this fundraiser helps a Scout go to camp. The greatest likelihood for a successful fundraiser is having everyone know they are not only helping a Scout to earn their way to camp, they are supporting a local small business to thrive!
For More Information, Please Contact Your District Champion:
|Iron Forge District: