Chainsaw Basic Operator Course
This course is for both beginners and seasoned chainsaw operators who wish to become certified to operate a saw on either Pennsylvania Dutch Council properties or for personal use. Those who have taken previous versions of this course may get re-certified and extend your credentials to 5 years. This course consists of twelve hours of combined classroom and practical hands-on training.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN:
- Proper maintenance and safe operation of outdoor power equipment. Chainsaws, Pole-Saws and Hedge Trimmers.
- Cutting and Felling techniques- how to do it effectively and safely.
- Identifying and dealing with hazardous trees and identifying when to call in a professional.
- Be a registered member of the BSA and at least 21 years of age.
- Be in good physical condition. (Part A & B of physical form is required.)
- Commit to attendance for entire course. Lodging at Camp Bashore is optional however you must be present for all sessions to complete the course.
- There is a limited supply of Helmets and Chaps. If you have your own, please bring them. Also you will need personal safety glasses, leather work gloves, and sturdy work shoes (no sneakers) preferably safety toe shoes. Wear appropriate work clothes, no untucked shirts or loose clothing. Be prepared to work outdoors on Saturday.
WHEN: November 12-13, 2021
WHERE: Bashore Scout Reservation
COST: $25 per person Food and lodging is included
Space is limited to TWELVE (12) Persons. Registration deadline is October 31, 2021.
QUESTIONS? Please email email@example.com
or call Ranger Dave Matterness at 717-865-4583 (camp) 717-304-5796 (cell)